Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Narrative

Walking down to the beach today I was shocked to realize how trashed the beach was. It easily reminded me of an ash tray for cigarettes and a gigantic trash can for garbage. Everything from cigarette butts, plastic and Styrofoam cups to glass bottles and metal cans were strewn all across the sand. The atrocious state of the beach had me thinking of how all the litter would end up affecting the wildlife—especially the turtles. Turtles are my favorite animals and I was sickened to think they would die if they tried to eat these items. It was right then I decided to become a conservationist for sea turtles! I immediately set my bag down and began snatching up all the trash from the beach. All I could think of was how the conservation of our ecosystem is just as important as anything else and we are part of the cycle too, so why not help save the sea turtles along with every other animal in the ocean and on the beach! I left the beach three hours later that day, a bag of trash in tow, feeling very satisfied with my self, knowing I did something good for our planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment